This is just a brief update, as we had Poppy’s scan results yesterday.
Well, her blasted tumour has grown again.
Dr Peet & the oncology & surgical teams are meeting on Friday & then decisions will be made about the next steps.
There are 3 possibilities...
1. Surgery – depending on what the neurosurgeons think.
2. Chemotherapy – probably Vincristine & Actinomycin (with hairloss & sickness again).
3. Wait & hope, but this is looking less likely this time.
Dr Peet said that they need to decide very carefully about what to do as he feels very sure that Poppy will live to be an adult (and have children) & they don’t want to cause her too much damage for her future.
We are obviously gutted & very anxious about what 2012 holds for our beautiful girl, but we know she can amaze everyone yet again, whether she endures her 4th brain surgery or chemo for the 3rd time.
We will let you all know when decisions have been made. In the meantime, all prayers & positive thoughts are needed
xxxxxx thank you xxxx
We are looking forward to a lovely, fun-filled Christmas xxx we hope you all are too xxx
Love to you all,
Lisa, Bri, Poppy & Lily xx